What a surprise! I have been nominated by my sweet friend Janice over at Perfectly Paper by Janice to participate in the Creative Crew Blog Hop! Janice and I have been friends online for years & years and were finally able to meet in person for the first time last summer. I love her sassy and spunky attitude and she has amazing stamping talent. She has been a good friend and I’m honored to have been chosen by her.
The rules of the blog hop are as follows:
1. Create a project exclusive to the Creative Crew Blog Hop
2. to answer a few questions
3. to nominate (2) stampers that inspire me!
Here is my project made special for this blog hop only!
I love this Lotus Blossom flower from the 2015 Sale-A-Bration catalog. It does not matter what color combnation you use it is always stunning. This time I tried a variety of blues for the monochromatic color scheme. I wanted this to really shimmer and shine so I added some dazzling diamonds to the flowers, rhinestones and sequins as well as silver foil paper and silver ribbon to tie it all together. I am so happy with how it turned out, although this photograph does not quite show all of the details.
The background layer is created with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder and some white craft ink daubed onto each circle. It’s a soft touch but adds more dimension to the layer.
Now, for the questions we are going to need to answer 🙂
1. What are you working on? My current projects are items for an upcoming live Stampin’ Up! inspired event happening here in Boise. I am working on a raffle prize and product suite for display. This is a big event and the projects are going to really stretch me creatively!
2. How does your work differ from others in your genre? I think my work is pretty unique. I pay attention to current trends but really just do my own thing when it comes to actually creating something. Most of my projects and cards are clean and simple but occasionally I like to make things over the top and see how far I can take it.
3. Why do you create what you do? Usually I am creating so that I can share what I do with those that I love. I am also having more classes and workshops and so that also gives me a great reason to create, try new things and see what I can come up with.
4. How does your creative process work? It really depends on the project. Many times I choose the stamp set that I want to work with and then find a layout I like. Othertimes, when my stampin mojo is missing, I will start with a color combo challenge or sketch challenge and use that to help fuel my creativity. I think that is what I love so much about Stampin’ Up! My process for creating can be different every time but because I know that I have amazing tools, stamps and colors that will always coordinate, my projects turn out every time! (well, almost every time!)
Whew! I had been dreading that part of the blog hop but now that it’s over, it really wasn’t hard and was actually fun to think about some of that.
Lastly, for my nominations for next week I would love to nominate two very special people. The first is my best friend and the person who first introduced me to Stampin’ Up!, Nichole Smith at Scrappy Stamps & Ink. She is always there for me and inspires me to grow and try new things that are totally outside of my stampin style.
The other person I wish to nominate is my amazing downline, Janey Backer at Inspired Stamping: By Janey Backer. She has made me think about my SU! business in new ways and is always a friend when I need one. I love her sweet style and am so proud of how far she has taken her business since joining Stampin up!
Be sure to check their blogs NEXT Monday, Feb. 23rd for amazing creations. Thanks for stopping by. Leave me some love by commenting on my card and be sure to subscribe to the blog so that you never miss another post!