I made these on a whim last week and they were to die for. Everyone loved them~!
* 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1 cup butter, room temperature
* 2 eggs, at room temperature
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish, so it’s best to spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands — I just spray a spatula with cooking spray). Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.